Jannie Quinn is an accomplished attorney whose extensive background in public agency law includes expertise in stakeholder management, research, policy development, negotiation and analysis, as well as regulatory and compliance issues. Her proficiencies include land use and development, affordable housing and interagency agreements.
As city attorney for the City of Mountain View, Jannie provided legal advice, services and support, including appearing on behalf of the city in all civil, criminal and administrative hearings, prosecuting municipal ordinance violations, performing negotiations and writing contracts. She joined Mountain View from San Jose, where she served as deputy city attorney.
After her retirement in 2019, Jannie returned to San Jose as a senior deputy city attorney for one year, providing advice to the community’s code enforcement, fire and civic innovation departments. She then served Mountain View as interim city attorney for three months.
Jannie has collaborated with regional public agencies to formulate and implement various community initiatives and programs, including Silicon Valley Clean Energy, a community choice aggregation agency and the Silicon Valley Regional Interoperability Authority, which synchronizes radio and public safety communications systems.
She also led the execution of Mountain View’s Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act, addressing rental housing issues impacting a majority of the local community and was responsible for formulating an oversight committee and implementing a dissolution plan to cease redevelopment operations, resulting in compliance with a state mandate to dissolve the Mountain View Revitalization Authority.
Demonstrating her acumen for housing, real property and land use matters, Jannie negotiated and drafted multiple complex agreements for the long-term lease and development of municipal properties with Google, Broadreach Capital Partners and the Robert Green Company, as well as the establishment of a transfer of development rights program with the local school district.
As city attorney for the City of Mountain View, Jannie was responsible for:
- Providing legal advice, services and support for top leadership, city employees and community members;
- Managing a team of attorneys and support staff while governing the workflow, review and preparation of all assignments, such as legal agreements, policies, procedures and reports;
- Training staff, board and commission members and elected officials on topics including the Brown Act, ethical conduct, harassment and discrimination;
- Developing and presenting city ordinances on local elections, land use, business and housing issues;
- Managing litigation cases and appearing on behalf of the city in all civil, criminal and administrative hearings;
- Prosecuting municipal ordinance violations; and
- Performing negotiations and writing contracts for disposition and development agreements and long-term ground leases.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Community Services Agency Board Member, a nonprofit that serves as a safety net by providing food and housing assistance.
- State Bar Public Law Section, Member
ADMISSIONS AND COURTS
- University of San Diego, J.D.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A.